“Toward the Solar-Terrestrial Environment Prediction as Science and Social Infrastructure”
- Date: January 13 (Wed) – 14 (Thu), 2016
- Venue: E&S Hall (E&S Building) in Higashiyama campus of the Nagoya University.
PSTEP (Project for Solar-Terrestrial Environment Prediction) is a nation-wide project, which was recently established with the support of the Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas from MEXT/Japan. In this project, we are aiming for synergistic development of the solar-terrestrial science research and the next generation space weather forecast. More than fifty scientists from the various disciplines on the sun, heliosphere, magnetosphere, ionosphere, climate, and space weather forecast operation collaborate in this project, which continues five years from this fiscal year.
The 1st PSTEP International Symposium is a forum to discuss the current status and future prospect of solar-terrestrial environment prediction, and also a valuable opportunity to formulate the international joint research planning.
Scientific Program & Tentative Invited Speakers
Session 1. Project overview
- Kanya Kusano (PI of PSTEP, Nagoya University, Japan)
Session 2. Prediction of solar storms
- Kiyoshi Ichimoto (group leader of PSTEP-A02, Kyoto University, Japan)
- K. D. Leka (NorthWest Research Associates, USA)
- Yong-Jae Moon (Kyung Hee University, Korea)
- Dusan Odstrcil (George Mason University, USA)
- Bernie Jackson (UCSD, USA)
Session 3. Prediction of magnetosphere and ionosphere dynamics
- Yoshizumi Miyoshi (group leader of PSTEP-A03, Nagoya University, Japan)
- Tamas I. Gombosi (University of Michigan, USA)
- Endawoke Yizengaw (Boston College, USA)
Session 4. Prediction and understanding of solar cycle activity and its impact on climate
- Shigeo Yoden (group leader of PSTEP-A04, Kyoto University, Japan)
- Dan Marsh (NCAR, USA）
- Limin Zhou (East China Normal University, China)
Session 5. Next Generation Space Weather Forecast
- Mamoru Ishii (group leader of PSTEP-A01, NICT, Japan)
- Terry Onsager (NOAA, USA)
Session 6. General Discussion
Registration & Abstract Submission
Contribution papers are also accepted as poster presentations. Your participation is highly welcome.
For abstract submission and registration, please visit the following web page:
Due date is December 13 (Sun), 2015.
Science Organizing Committee:
Kanya Kusano (SOC Chair), Mamoru Ishii, Kiyoshi Ichimoto, Yoshizumi Miyoshi, Shigeo Yoden,
Kazuo Shiokawa, Shinsuke Imada
Local Organizing Committee:
Kanya Kusano, Yoshizumi Miyoshi, Kazuo Shiokawa, Satoshi Masuda,Shinsuke Imada,
Daiko Shiota, Takenori J. Okamoto
Questions and inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
PSTEP Secretariat (Nagoya University)